Baetis Audio Revolution XV Features
The Revolution XV has the same audio capabilities as the Revolution X2, but with more powerful video delivery. Externally indistinguishable from the Prodigy XV, all the important differences are on the inside.
- First, we replace the Prodigy AES/EBU and SPDIF Daughterboard with the one from our Reference systems.
- Then, the copper digital audio cables from Revelation Audio Labs get a cryo-treatment.
The Revolution XV comes with an HDMI 2.0 output and an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) that can handle 4K UHD HDR video up to 30 fps with ease. It’s designed for someone who wants the best audio they can afford, but needs 4K video too. It comes in our mid-size “X” case which can accept future upgrades simply – all the way up to a Reference X2. It can have AES, SPDIF, HDMI 2.0 and the best USB ports with the optional SOtM USB and clock cards upgrade. There is a Neutrik PowerCon connector for robust hook-ups and easier upgrades to the power supply. All the digital audio wiring is made by Revelation Audio Labs going through our Prodigy Daughterboard which produces the sublime sound Baetis is renowned for. The AMD APU is cooled with a low-speed silent fan, rather than our usual passive cooling for better performance when playing UHD/HDR content.
It comes with our standard 200W power brick, but can optionally be upgraded to a Linear Power Supply Unit (LPSU) from HD-Plex. The video circuitry allows the Prodigy XV to use much faster RAM speeds – 3200 MHz. It even has HDMI 2.0 output and can handle 4K video files up to 24 frames per second (almost every single Hollywood movie ever made).
The Revolution XV is available in silver or black, directly from Baetis.
Baetis Audio Revolution XV Specs
- Reference AES/EBU and SPDIF (BNC) daughterboard with Cryo-CuPID (copper) cabling. Up to 192 KHz/24-bit
- HDMI 2.0 + Display Port
- AMD 4-core Ryzen 5 APU
- 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- Built-in Wifi
- 256 Gb OS drive SSD (With options to add extra internal SSD storage)
- 1x 4TB External USB 3.1 gen1 drive for media storage/backup
- Neutrik PowerCon DC power inlet
- CD/DVD/BluRay reading drive
- Option for SOtM internal USB Hub and clock card, and iFi external power adaptor.
- Windows 10 Pro, stripped down to remove “bloatware”
- dBpoweramp CD ripper
- Runs Roon, Tidal, JRiver Media Center 25 and any other streaming service available on Windows or the internet.