Prodigy 3B Features
The Prodigy 3B is the baby of our Baetis line. It is modular to suit your budget and desired outputs. Importantly, it is now an 8th generation Intel model, with a quad-core i3 8100 CPU running at 3.6 Ghz. It is aimed at users who own a good multi-channel receiver, or better yet, a good pre/pro and separate MCh amp. If you have a good 2-ch DAC then so much the better. But your receiver or pre/pro should definitely have an SPDIF digital input connector or a USB input. Both multi-channel and stereo via HDMI are just superb on the base model, especially with a new cryo-treated HDMI cable. It comes with our standard 200W power brick, but can optionally be upgraded to a Linear Power Supply Unit (LPSU) from HD-Plex. Choose the AES/EBU, BNC or AES/EBU+BNC models to get our Prodigy Daughterboard that produces a superior digital audio signal. Choose the USB model to get the internal SOtM USB hub and clock card for the best possible USB signal if you have a USB centric or native-DSD-over-USB DAC.
The Prodigy 3 is available in silver or black, directly from Baetis.
Prodigy 3B Specs
- HDMI 2.0 + HDMI 1.4
- 8th generation i3 8100 4-core CPU, passively cooled
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Built-in Wifi
- 256 Gb OS drive SSD (With options to add extra internal SSD storage)
- 1x 2TB External USB 3.1 gen1 drive for media storage/backup
- Kycon DC power inlet
- CD/DVD/BluRay reading drive
- Options for SOtM internal USB Hub and clock card, and iFI external power adaptor, or Prodigy AES/EBU and/or SPDIF (BNC) daughterboard with CuPID (copper) cabling. Up to 192 KHz/24-bit
- Windows 10 Pro, stripped down to remove “bloatware”
- dBpoweramp CD ripper
- Runs Roon, Tidal, JRiver Media Center 25 and any other streaming service available on Windows or the internet.
*Subscriptions may be required for some services.