If you want the best quality sound, and that’s all you care about, look no further than the Baetis Audio Reference X3. We’ve packed in the richest-sounding audio codec that was previously only available on the larger models into our midsized-case. For the purists, we have the superb AES-EBU and SPDIF outputs, internally cabled with Revelation Audio Labs CryoSilver digital connections, coming form our Reference daughterboard and protected with our EMI shield. There is no comparison to other streamers and servers for absolute purity of sound, but we welcome you to try it yourself.
We can even add one of the following: USB, I2S, or DLNA Network modules. That means the Reference X3 can connect and bring to life any DAC out there. As always, we put the power supply outside the chassis to minimise interference. In this case it is a 300W Linear Power Supply Unit (LPSU) from HD-Plex and DC power cable from Revelation Audio Labs or Analysis Plus that is included as standard with the Reference systems.
Video output is beautiful 4K HDR, which is the best integrated graphics in the industry. This now comes as standard on all our systems.
The flexibility offered by the Reference X3 is unparalleled. You can choose:
- Hardware modules for audiophile outputs
- Storage options to suit you, optical drive options depending on the nature of your disc-based library
- Virtually any combination of software you want
- You can play native DSD via our optional outputs is no problem
- MQA is easily handled via Roon, Audirvana or Tidal, and any other streaming service such as Qobuz is a breeze to install
- JRiver’s audio engine can be used to improve the sound of any other software if you prefer the sound quality of JRiver Media Center
- You can control the playback on the Baetis in a number of ways: tablet, phone, from another computer of any flavour, or even via a keyboard and trackpad transmitting directly to the Reference X3
Baetis Audio Reference X3 Specs
- Reference SPDIF (BNC or RCA/Coaxial) and AES-EBU daughterboard with Revelation Audio Labs cryo silver cabling
- Reference daughterboard EMI shield included
- Runs Roon, Tidal, JRiver Media Center 26 and any other streaming service available on Windows or the internet
- Internal CD/DVD/BluRay drive available as standard, with dBpoweramp CD ripper included
- HDMI 2.0 for 4K HDR video
- 6x USB 3.x ports
- 4x USB 2.0 ports (audiophile grade USB module optional)
- AMD Ryzen APU
- 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (audiophile grade network module optional)
- 250 Gb OS drive SSD
- 2x 4TB External USB 3.1 gen1 drive for media storage/backup, or custom storage options
- Neutrik DC power inlet
- 300W HD-Plex linear power supply with high grade DC power cable
- Windows 10 Pro, stripped down to remove “bloatware”
- 2 years warranty with 10 hours of included phone/remote desktop support
These systems have our award-winning AES-EBU output powered by the Baetis Audio Reference daughterboard. The daughterboard also provides a SPDIF output, now available as either BNC or RCA. system. HDMI for high resolution multi-channel output is also included.
Yes, you can run Roon, JRiver Media Center, Audirvana, Tidal, Qobuz (if available) and much more. In fact, any music app that runs on Windows 10 can be run on this unit. All Baetis Audio models can serve as a Roon core, endpoint or both. Your Tidal streaming never sounded so good! Tell us what you want and we can set it up for you.
The Reference X3 certainly can! The system is powered by an AMD APU, which handles 4K very well with HDR up to 30 fps.
Yes, you can use an iOS or Android device to control playback. You can even use another computer, or control the system directly with a wireless keyboard and trackpad from your listening position.
The big difference is in the expandability of the systems and how they handle video. They sound the same for 2-channel audio via AES-EBU, SPDIF and USB, but the Reference 3B can add other outputs such as audiophile grade ethernet and I2S all at the same time. The Reference 3B models with graphics card options handle 4K HDR video beautifully – unrivalled by anything else. The X3 model works harder to produce a picture that is not quite as stunning. There are a few other minor differences that will not affect sound quality.
While the Revolution series has excellent audio and power cabling, the Reference series is in a league of its own with cryo-silver internal cabling for power and audio, as well as additional electromagnetic shielding to produce the purest digital signal possible. The linear power supply and audiophile grade DC cable also comes as standard with the Reference series.
In addition to the AES-EBU, SPDIF and HDMI outputs, you can opt to get an additional audiophile grade USB, I2S or network output, which means pretty much all DACs are covered. We can even build you a custom Baetis that doesn’t have the AES, only SPDIF, to allow you to add two of the following: USB, I2S and network cards. As usual, speak to us about your needs, and we’ll find a solution for you.
Most Baetis Audio systems are available with or without internally-housed optical drives.
There is a two year parts and labour warranty on these. However, as usual, we always listen to each case on its own merits and do the reasonable thing if you need service outside the warranty period, depending on the circumstances.