Baetis Audio Prodigy X2
Baetis Audio Prodigy X2 Features
The Roon-Ready Prodigy X2 adds capabilities over the Prodigy 3 that are more suited to someone who will likely carry out future upgrades to their sound system. It comes in our mid-size “X” case which can accept future upgrades simply – all the way up to a Reference X2. It can have AES, SPDIF, HDMI 2.0 and the best USB ports with the optional SOtM USB and clock cards upgrade. There is a Neutrik PowerCon connector for robust hook-ups and easier upgrades to the power supply. All the digital audio wiring is made by Revelation Audio Labs going through our Prodigy Daughterboard which produces the sublime sound Baetis is renowned for.
It comes standard with a ~200W power brick, but can optionally be upgraded to a Linear Power Supply Unit (LPSU) from HD-Plex. It is superior to our original Revolution series because of the much faster processors and RAM speeds. It even has HDMI 2.0 output and can handle 4K video files up to 24 frames per second (covering almost every single Hollywood movie ever made).
The Prodigy X2 is available in silver or black, directly from Baetis.
Baetis Audio Prodigy X2 Specs
- Prodigy AES/EBU and SPDIF (BNC) daughterboard with CuPID (copper) cabling. Up to 192 KHz/24-bit
- HDMI 2.0 + HDMI 1.4
- 8 th generation i5 8400 6-core CPU, passively cooled
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Built-in Wifi
- 256 Gb OS drive SSD (With options to add extra internal SSD storage)
- 1x 4TB External USB 3.1 gen1 drive for media storage/backup
- Neutrik PowerCon DC power inlet
- CD/DVD/BluRay reading drive
- Option for SOtM internal USB Hub and clock card, and iFI external power adaptor.
- Windows 10 Pro, stripped down to remove “bloatware”
- dBpoweramp CD ripper
- Runs Roon, Tidal, JRiver Media Center 25 and any other streaming service available on Windows or the internet.
*Subscriptions may be required for some services.