Baetis Audio Revolution X2 Features
The Roon-Ready Revolution X2 adds some crucial components over the Prodigy X2 to improve the sound quality further over our entry-level systems.
- First, we replace the Prodigy AES/EBU and SPDIF daughterboard with the one from our Reference systems.
- Then, the copper digital audio cables from Revelation Audio Labs get a cryo-treatment.
It comes with our standard 200W power brick, but can optionally be upgraded to a Linear Power Supply Unit (LPSU) from HD-Plex. All internal power wiring is also cryo-treated. The SOtM USB ports and clock cards are optional extras in case you want the best USB ports for audio. It is superior to our original Revolution series, and even the original Reference model for both audio and video. It comes in our mid-size “X” case which can accept future upgrades simply – all the way up to a Reference X2. It even has HDMI 2.0 output and can handle 4K video files up to 24 frames per second (covering almost every single Hollywood movie made, ever).
The Revolution X2 is available in silver or black, directly from Baetis.
Baetis Audio Revolution X2 Specs
- Reference AES/EBU and SPDIF (BNC) daughterboard with Cryo-CuPID (copper) cabling. Up to 192 KHz/24-bit
- HDMI 2.0 + HDMI 1.4
- 8 th generation i5 8400 6-core CPU, passively cooled
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Built-in Wifi
- 256 Gb OS drive SSD (With options to add extra internal SSD storage)
- 1x 4TB External USB 3.1 gen1 drive for media storage/backup
- Neutrik PowerCon DC power inlet
- CD/DVD/BluRay reading drive
- Option for SOtM internal USB Hub and clock card, and iFI external power adaptor.
- Windows 10 Pro, stripped down to remove “bloatware”
- dBpoweramp CD ripper
- Runs Roon, Tidal, JRiver Media Center 25 and any other streaming service available on Windows or the internet.