Baetis Audio Reference 2B Features
The Roon-Ready Reference 2B is the top of our line for audio capabilities – to be coupled with the best DACs in the world. It produces a slightly warmer, less clinical sound to the Reference X2. As you would expect, it has our Reference 75-Ohm BNC and 110 Ohm AES daughterboard with EMI shield, a 200W or 400W linear power supply unit (LPSU) from HD-Plex, and all internal power and audio wiring is cryo-treated 5-N pure silver from Revelation Audio Labs. The SOtM USB ports and clock cards are included should you have a T+A DAC, for example. It is far superior to our original Reference model in every way. The Reference 2B was supposed to be a simple generational upgrade of the motherboard and CPU from the Reference 2. To our surprise, the six-core processor, which barely breaks a sweat with music or video files, provided a superior clarity of sound over the 7th generation CPU! It comes in our full-size case, which has room for easy future upgrades. It can also handle 4K video files up to 24 frames per second (covering almost every single Hollywood movie made, ever).
The Reference 2B is available in silver or black, from a local dealer or directly from us if there is no dealer in your area.
Baetis Audio Reference 2B Specs
- Reference AES/EBU and SPDIF (BNC) daughterboard with Cryo-silver (5N pure) cabling and EMI shield. Up to 192 KHz/24-bit
- HDMI 1.4
- 8 th generation i7 8700 6-core CPU, passively cooled
- 32 GB DDR4 RAM
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 256 Gb OS drive SSD (With options to add extra internal SSD storage)
- 2x 4TB External USB 3.1 gen1 drives or 1x 8TB for media storage/backup
- CD/DVD/BluRay reading drive
- Neutrik PowerCon DC power inlet
- External HD-Plex 200W or 400W (optional) PSU with RAL Cryo-silver DC umbilical cord
- SOtM internal USB Hub and clock card, with cryo cabling and iFI external power adaptor.
- Windows 10 Pro, stripped down to remove “bloatware”
- dBpoweramp CD ripper
- Runs Roon, Tidal, JRiver Media Center 25 and any other streaming service available on Windows or the internet.